Monday, February 9, 2015

The Genesis

Where do I start? I love Video games. Always have, Always will...

There is video of me as a one year old, jamming a NES Light gun to the TV screen trying desperately trying to shoot every duck out of the air, and failing at it. But my first actual memory of gaming is being completely ass-backwards fucking confused, trying to navigate Descent on my older brothers PS1. I don't know if it was the way it controlled, or the early 3D environments, but my 5 year old brain could not get around it.

                            Try as you may, You'll never escape

But from then I was hooked... I wanted to get my hands on whatever I could. Every new Jampack and OPM demo disc I could get my hands on was a veritable gold mine for young me. But there was no other disc that could compare to the Jampack winter '98 disc. Fuck, what a banger. MGS, Medevil, Tomb Raider III, and Spyro just to name a few. I'm fairly certain Metal Gear Solid changed me on a very fundamental, sub-atomic, not-realize-til-I'm-45 kind of way. listen guys, I don't mean to be immature but they swore, had blood, and there was Goddamned robots; the 3 necessary ingredients in any game to instantly make a 8 year old, top-ramen fueled kid absolutely flip his shit.

Plus, Meryl was a fox...

But of all the classic PS1 games I have had the honor of faking sick to stay home and play, Final Fantasy IX stands tall. Everything about this game is magical for me. It wasn't my first or last FF, but it's most definitely the one I hold most dear. The game is magical, and I still cry during the final cut-scene... sh...shut up...
Bruh... *sobs*

Anyways, that's all I really have for this time. I am excited to start this and get some of my ideas and thoughts down. I don't really have any set goal with this, I'll write about what I feel like...so like, fuck you and stuff. I'll try to keep it frequent as possible. Thank you for anyone who reads this. comments and suggestions are always welcome. Keep gaming folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment